- 2 chicken breast halves, boned and skinned
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup homemade chicken stock or canned low-sodium chicken broth, skimmed of fat
- Sauteed zucchini and tomatoes
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using a meat tenderizer, pound chicken breasts slightly to an even thickness.
- Dredge chicken in flour, shaking to remove excess. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Cook chicken until just golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Remove excess oil from skillet, and add wine, capers, lemon juice, parsley, and stock. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve chicken with sauce from skillet and sauteed vegetables.