- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 8 chicken legs (6 to 8 ounces each), split and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 4 strips orange zest (1/2 by 2 inches)
- Coarse salt
- Place flour on a plate. Dredge chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a Dutch oven, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, saute; chicken, turning as each side browns, until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a platter.
- Add remaining tablespoon oil to pot. Cook onion and garlic, stirring frequently, until onion is softened, about 7 minutes. Add broth, tomato paste, olives, and orange zest; season with salt. Bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to pot. Cover; simmer, turning chicken once or twice, until tender but not falling off the bone, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.