- 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to an even thinness (may use chicken tenders)
- 2 cups very finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Cracked black pepper, if it suits you
- Rocket (arugula) or basil leaves or summer lettuces (optional)
- 2 summer tomatoes, cut into slices or wedges (optional)
- Extra-virgin olive oil (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet or baking dish with parchment paper.
- Place the egg whites or whole egg in a shallow dish and beat lightly. Place the Parmesan on a plate and, if you like pepper, add some to the Parmesan and toss to coat. Dip the chicken breasts first into the egg, allowing any excess to drip off, then drop it in the Parmesan and turn it to coat, pressing the Parmesan onto the chicken to make it stick. Place the Parmesan-crusted chicken on the parchment.
- Bake until the chicken is golden and cooked through, about 15 minutes. Slide onto plates immediately. If desired, serve with a simple salad of greens or herbs and tomato dressed with olive oil.