- 4 to 4 1/2 pounds (total) chicken thighs and legs, rinsed and patted dry
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 8 sprigs fresh tarragon, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss chicken with salt and pepper. Scatter tarragon sprigs over chicken.
- 2. Bake, turning chicken halfway through, until browned, 30 to 40 minutes. (An instant-read thermometer should register 160 degrees. When inserted in the thickest part of the thigh, avoiding bone.)
- 3. When cool enough to handle, remove skin from chicken and shred meat to use in Chicken Potpie with Green Beans and Squash. (You should have about 6 cups.)