- 1 1/4 cups white rice
- a large pinch of saffron
- 1 lb bag seafood melody (shrimp, bay scallops and calamari)
- 8 oz chorizo, sliced
- 1/2 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lemon, cut in wedges for garnish
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2-3 teaspoons fresh cilantro
- olive oil
- Preheat large skillet. Add a a little olive oil. Add chorizo and cook until some fat renders. Add bell peppers, onions and garlic.
- Sauté for just a minute or so.
- Add rice, saffron and chicken stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer covered for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and add seafood melody and fresh cilantro on top of rice. Return lid for another 5 minutes. Paella is done when shrimp have turned pink. Be very careful not to overcook seafood, it will be rubbery. Garnish with additional fresh cilantro and lemon wedges.