Tonight’s recipes are a clear reflection of my indecisiveness toward the seasons.
First, I decided I would make a summer bean salad so delicious and easy, I’d feel like I was sitting on the beach at some posh women’s yoga retreat.
- 1.5 cups cooked black beans
- 1.5 cups cooked kidney beans
- 1/2 large green pepper, diced
- 1 large patty pan squash, diced
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1 corn on the cob, corn removed
- 2-3 tbsp sunflower seeds
- Easy Bean Salad Vinaigrette (3 tbsp vinegar, 2 tbsp sunflower oil, 1 tbsp pure maple syrup, 1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt, 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Dried parsley
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
Directions: Dice vegetables and throw all ingredients except the vinaigrette and sunflower seeds into a large bowl. Set aside. In a small bowl prepare the Easy Bean Salad Vinaigrette. Pour the vinaigrette over the diced vegetables and bean mixture and mix well until coated. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and parsley and additional sea salt and pepper if necessary. Serves 4-5.