Pasta Frittata – A great use of left over pasta!
- 2 cups leftover pasta
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup whichever cheese the pasta called for
- Preheat the broiler on high with the rack on the second-highest shelf.
- Mix pasta and beaten eggs in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a small oven-proof pan (preferably cast-iron) over medium heat, then add pasta-egg mixture and allow the bottom to set slightly (about 2-3 minutes).
- Lift up a corner, tilt the pan and and allow the egg on top to run underneath.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and place under broiler for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown and eggs have set completely.
- Remove pan from oven, loosen frittata from the bottom, cover the pan with a plate, invert the frittata onto it, then flip the frittata cheese-side up using a spatula.
- Allow to cool slightly, then slice into wedges or squares and serve.