Pasta frittatas are a beloved recipe on this site. Use leftover pasta or just make it from scratch. The result is filling and delicious. We recommend spaghetti because we like the texture but any long pasta will do. Also, feel free to add in any cooked veggies for some extra vitamins. We usually use what we have on hand, but zucchini is really good in this dish!
- 2 cups leftover pasta
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup whichever cheese the pasta called for
- Preheat the broiler on high with the rack on the second-highest shelf.
- Mix pasta and beaten eggs in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat the butter in a small oven-proof pan (preferably cast-iron) over medium heat, then add pasta-egg mixture and allow the bottom to set slightly (about 2-3 minutes).
- Lift up a corner, tilt the pan and and allow the egg on top to run underneath.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top and place under broiler for 3-5 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown and eggs have set completely.
- Remove pan from oven, loosen frittata from the bottom, cover the pan with a plate, invert the frittata onto it, then flip the frittata cheese-side up using a spatula.
- Allow to cool slightly, then slice into wedges or squares and serve.