Potatoes Au Gratin is a classic French dish that is a soul-warming comfort food. Overloaded with creamy cheese, potatoes, and herbs, it is the ultimate indulgence. Creamy Potatoes Au Gratin is a creamy version of this classic dish that someone with even the most discerning palate is sure to enjoy. With only a handful of ingredients and a short cook time, you can have a restaurant-quality dish in your own home.
Creamy Potatoes Au Gratin
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 4 large large potatoes thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded Gruyère cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease a baking dish with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cream, garlic powder, thyme, garlic salt, and remaining butter over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the sauce has thickened.
- Arrange the potatoes in the baking dish in an overlapping layer.
- Pour the cream sauce over the potatoes.
- Top with the Gruyère cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
Creamy Potatoes Au Gratin is a delicious way to indulge without spending all night in the kitchen. With minimal ingredients, minimal effort, and maximum punch, this dish can easily be added to your list of favorite comfort foods. Creamy Potatoes Au Gratin is sure to please even the most discerning palate and will become a classic in any household. Enjoy!