Boy!! Oh Boy!! If you like apple pie, you will definitely go crazy for this incredibly delicious, caramel apple pie bread pudding…a favorite of many.
Prep Time: 20 minutes – Cook Time: 40 minutes
8 cups of cubed bread
3 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped
1 cup of vanilla yogurt
1 cup of milk
2 tsp of cinnamon, divided
½ tsp of nutmeg
½ cup and 2 Tbsp of sugar
½ cup of raisins
1 cup of Unsalted Butter
1 cup of Heavy Cream
1 cup of Brown Sugar
– Preheat the oven to 350°.
– Using a 9×13 baking dish, spray it with cooking spray.
– In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, milk, eggs, 1 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, and ½ cup sugar.
– Stir in the apples, raisins and then gently fold in the bread cubes. Afterwards pour into the prepared pan.
– In a small bowl, stir together the 2 Tbsp of sugar and the 1 tsp of cinnamon.
– The sprinkle that mixture on top the bread pudding.
– Bake 30-40 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
– While the bread pudding is baking, it’s time to make the caramel sauce.
– In a heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, stir together the butter, heavy cream, and brown sugar; and it to bring to a boil.
– Reduce the heat to low, simmer until the sauce thickens, for about 5 minutes. Pour over bread pudding to serve.
– Top with vanilla ice cream for added perfection.