Technically we’ve filed this under our “Dessert” category, but really parfaits are great all day long! Berry Parfaits can be the perfect breakfast or dessert! While a great summer treats when fruit is in season, make it work with whatever you have on hand. And don’t worry about using store-bought granola, it will be just as good!
- 2 large frozen, ripe bananas
- 1-1.5 cups fresh mixed berries
- 1/2 cup Lightened Up Summer Granola, or other granola
- Shredded coconut, to garnish
- Easy Chocolate sauce: Heat & whisk together: 1 tsp coconut oil, 1 tsp pure maple syrup, 1 tsp cocoa powder
- In a blender, add all ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds (or ice cube trays) and freeze until set.
- Peel and freeze your bananas until solid, preferably overnight. In a food processor, drop in the frozen banana chunks and process until creamy and smooth. Stop and scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. You can also give it a splash of almond milk to help it along. Nut butter is also a nice add in too.
- Add the banana soft serve, granola, and fresh fruit in layers in a couple glasses or parfait dishes. Pour the chocolate sauce on top and serve immediately.
- Add ingredients to blender (except sweetener and coconut). Add sweetener to taste, pour into glasses, and then sprinkle coconut and shaved chocolate on top.