You can make this Arrabbiata as spicey as you need to or as mild. Using fresh tomatoes is recommended, but in a pinch, canned tomatoes will work just as well. Same goes for Basil. If you have fresh, great! But dried will work great as well!
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound roma tomatoes, chopped
- 10 basil leaves, minced
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes, optional
- 1 pound angel hair pasta, cooked and drained
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to hot skillet. Add minced garlic and sautee until golden. Add tomatoes, stirring well. Simmer for 5-10 minutes, until tomatoes have broken down and most of the liquid is reduced.
- Add chopped basil leaves and red pepper flakes, if desired. Add salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine all ingredients well. If sauce becomes too thick, add 1/4 cup of liquid from boiled pasta to thin.
- Toss with hot pasta and serve.