Just a classically simple recipe for ham and peas with a simple lemony cream sauce. Light, refreshing, and comforting.
- 1 packet bowtie pasta
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 packet pre-diced ham
- 1 packet frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Set a pot of water to boil. Drop in pasta and cook until al dente, about 8-10 minutes.
- While you’re waiting for the water and pasta, heat a large saute pan and melt butter. Add flour and stir until beginning to slightly brown. You want to cook out the “flour-y” taste and get it somewhat nutty.
- Add cream and stir until starting to boil and slightly thicken.
- Turn the heat down just a tad, and add in lemon juice and parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a microwave safe bowl, cook the peas for about 1-2 minutes. Just to warm them through. Then add to pan with sauce, along with ham.
- Drain the pasta and add to cream sauce. Mix until everything is well-combined and serve hot! Top with fresh parmesan cheese, if desired!