There’s nothing quite like a delicious, creamy Chicken Pot Pie. It’s the perfect blend of comfort, comfort food, and deliciousness all wrapped into one dish. Not only is it easy to make, but it’s a great way to get the whole family involved–there’s something for everyone to enjoy! This recipe is the perfect way to create a delicious, finger-licking dish without breaking the bank.
Chicken Pot Pie
This Chicken Pot Pie recipe is a family-friendly comfort food meal that is quick and easy to put together.
- 3 cups chicken cooked and diced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots diced
- 2 celery ribs diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp thyme dried
- 1/4 tsp black pepper ground
- 1/2 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen corn thawed
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 pack pie crusts refrigerated
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add onion, carrots, and celery, and cook until vegetables are tender about 5 minutes.
- Add flour to the skillet, and stir until everything is combined. Slowly add chicken broth and stir, until thickened and bubbly.
- Add chicken, thyme, and pepper, stirring until everything is combined. Add peas and corn, stirring until combined.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream, stirring until everything is combined.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Unroll one pie crust and place it in the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish.
- Pour the chicken mixture into the dish.
- Cover the top with the remaining pie crust. Crimp the edges to seal, and cut several slits in the top of the crust to vent.
- Place Pie Dish on a baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
Chicken Pot Pie is a delicious and easy meal that the whole family can enjoy. Have fun creating your own version of this timeless classic. Enjoy!