Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes are a classic dessert that is sure to please any chocolate lover. Made with melted chocolate and lots of butter, this delectable treat is moist and gooey on the inside and perfectly crisp on the outside. It’s an ideal way to end a delicious meal, and best of all, this recipe is easy to make.
Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes
Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes make for a decadent and delicious dessert. This recipe is easy to make and takes only 30 minutes from start to finish.
- 4 oz semi-sweet chocolate chopped into small pieces
- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- pinch salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 6-inch cake pan, line it with parchment paper, and spray more cooking spray on top of the parchment paper.
- In a large microwavable bowl, place the chopped chocolate and butter then microwave for 1 minute. Stir the chocolate and butter together until melted.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, egg yolks, and sugar until pale and thick in texture.
- Gradually beat the egg mixture into the melted chocolate-butter until completely incorporated.
- Add the flour and salt to the egg and chocolate mixture and beat until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 12 to 14 minutes.
- The cakes should be slightly under-cooked, with the center still gooey.
Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes are a fantastic way to indulge your sweet tooth. This impressive and delicious dessert will be sure to impress any chocolate lover. Best of all, it only takes 15 minutes to prepare, and then you just have to let it bake in the oven for a short time. So what are you waiting for? It’s time to indulge!