Balsamic chicken avocado caprese salad is a quick and easy meal in a salad! Seared chicken, fresh mozzarella and tomato halves, creamy avocado slices and shredded basil leaves are drizzled with an incredible balsamic dressing that doubles as a marinade for the ultimate salad!
Prep Time: 5 minutes – Cook Time: 15 minutes
1/4 cup (60 mL) of balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons (30 mL) of olive oil
2 teaspoons of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
1 teaspoon of dried basil
1 teaspoon of salt
4 chicken thigh fillets, skin removed (no bone) – *Boneless, skinless chicken breasts can be used instead of thighs
5 cups of Romaine, (or cos) lettuce leaves, washed and dried
1 avocado, sliced
1 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup of mini mozzarella / bocconcini cheese balls
1/4 cup of basil leaves, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper, to season
– Whisk marinade ingredients together to combine.
– Place chicken into a shallow dish; pour 4 tablespoons of the dressing / marinade onto the chicken and stir around to evenly coat chicken.
– Reserve the untouched marinade to use as a dressing.
– Heat about one teaspoon of oil in a large grill pan or skillet over medium-high heat and grill or sear chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through.
– Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest.
– Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with lettuce, avocado slices, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese and chicken.
– Top with basil strips; drizzle with the remaining dressing; season with salt and pepper; serve.