Kimchi pasta is a quick flavorful pasta that brings together just a few ingredients in a dish that blurs the line between Korean and Italian food.
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 oz thinly sliced pork belly (optional)
- 1/2 c chopped kimchi
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbs gochujang
- 4 oz dry pasta (linguine or spaghetti work well)
- 1 scallion sliced thinly
- Boil the pasta according to the package directions.
- If you are making this with pork belly, you can skip the olive oil and just cook the pork belly in a pan over medium high heat until some fat renders out. If you’re going meatless add the olive oil to a pan over medium high heat. Add the garlic and kimchi and sauté until fragent.
- Add the gochujang and stir until combined. Add the cooked pasta and stir to coat with the oil and spicy sauce. Add the scallions and serve immediately.