The combination of sweet of the pineapple salsa and the savory steak makes the dish super delicious.
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Pasta and Steak with Pineapple Salsa
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple - drained
- 1/2 jalapeno - seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion - chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound penne
- Heat the broiler. Rub the flank steak with the 1 teaspoon oil, 1/2 teaspoon chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Broil meat until desired. Let it rest for 5 minutes and then slice it diagonally.
- In a large bowl combine pineapple, oil, jalapeno pepper, onion, lime juice, cilantro, black pepper and the remaining salt and chili powder. Stir in with sliced steak.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta as directed on the package. Drain and toss with the salsa and steak.
CommentsAdd to Favourites