Ah, macaroni and cheese – could there be a more comforting meal? It’s a classic that’s been around for generations and is loved by both young and old alike. This is a quick and easy recipe that will show you how to make a delicious macaroni and cheese that’s sure to please even the pickiest of eaters.
Macaroni and Cheese
This macaroni and cheese recipe is a classic, comforting dish that is sure to please everyone.
- 1 lb macaroni
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, stir, and cook for two minutes.
- Slowly whisk in milk and continue to cook until the mixture thickens about 8 minutes.
- Stir in cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper and cook until cheese is melted.
- Add macaroni to cheese sauce and stir to combine.
- Pour macaroni and cheese into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
This classic macaroni and cheese recipe is easy to make and comes together in a snap. Creamy, gooey cheese and cozy macaroni are always a winning combination. No family meal would be complete without it! Enjoy!