Overnight French Toast Casserole is an easy and delicious way to start off your day. This scrumptious dish is perfect for a holiday brunch or a lazy Saturday morning. Made with eggy slices of French toast, a layer of sweet cream cheese filling, and topped off with a sweet cinnamon-laced streusel, this overnight breakfast casserole will be an instant hit.
Overnight French Toast Casserole
- 1 lb French bread cut into cubes
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- 2 8 oz packs cream cheese softened
For the Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spread the cubed French bread in the dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Pour the mixture over the French bread cubes. Cover the dish and refrigerate overnight, or for at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla until light and fluffy. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the bread cubes evenly.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, flour, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Pour the melted butter over the top and stir until combined. Sprinkle the topping over the cream cheese layer.
- Bake uncovered for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
This Overnight French Toast Casserole is a delicious and decadent sleepover breakfast that will make your guests happy. The crunchy pecans and sweet cinnamon bring out the sweet and savory flavors of the dish. With just a few minutes of prep the night before, you can have a warm and comforting breakfast that everyone will enjoy. Give this recipe a try the next time you have a sleepover and you won’t be disappointed!