Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas
This delicious Sweet Potato and Black Bean Enchiladas recipe is a great vegetarian option for dinner. We recommend using canned black beans and enchilada sauce to make this easier to throw together on a weeknight. You'll also want to be sure to use flour tortillas. We love corn tortillas too! But flour is much easier to roll in this situation.
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 2 cups enchilada sauce
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup vegan cheese shredded
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add sweet potatoes and sauté until softened, about 10 minutes.
- Add black beans, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and oregano to the sweet potatoes. Stir to combine and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Grease a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Spoon about one-third of the enchilada sauce into the pan.
- Place a flour tortilla on a plate and spoon about one-third cup of the sweet potato-black bean mixture into the center of the tortilla. Sprinkle with shredded vegan cheese and roll up into an enchilada. Place in the pan.
- Repeat steps 5 and 6 with the remaining ingredients until the enchiladas are all in the pan.
- Top the enchiladas with the remaining enchilada sauce and shredded vegan cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.