Uncle Bubba’s Seafood Pot Pie takes the pot pie to the next level! It’s decadent and oh-so-filling!
- 1 box frozen puff pastry sheets (recommended: Pepperidge Farm)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 tablespoon diced fennel
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons diced celery
- 2 tablespoons finely cubed carrots
- 2 tablespoons green peas
- 3 large scallops
- 2 tablespoons diced tasso ham
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- Pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning (recommended: Everglades Seasoning)
- 1/2 fish-flavored bouillon cube (recommended: Knorr’s)
- 1/4 cup lump crabmeat, picked over
- 3 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 large oysters, shucked
- White pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Thaw 1 sheet of puff pastry, unwrap it, and brush with beaten egg. Slice pastry into 1-inch wide strips. Weave strips into lattice design, sized to fit the top of a 1 1/2 quart oven-safe medium-sized serving bowl or casserole. Place pastry on a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet and bake until light golden brown. Remove from oven and let stand until needed.
- Adjust oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onions, fennel, garlic, celery, carrots, and green peas and saute until tender.
- Add scallops and tasso and continue to saute until scallops are barely halfway done. Sprinkle in flour and stir until coated.
- Add cream, nutmeg, seasoning, and bouillon. Increase the heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. When mixture reaches a boil, remove from heat.
- Add crabmeat, shrimp, and oysters and season, to taste, with white pepper. Pour into the oven-safe serving bowl. Top with the pre-baked lattice puff pastry and gently press down into filling. Bake about 10 minutes or until bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.