Hold your morning meal in one hand with this Breakfast Treat!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 red onion
- 8 oz. uncooked spicy breakfast sausages
- 6 large eggs
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 c. shredded Mexican-flavor cheese blend
- Dice sweet potato into 1/4-inch pieces. Melt butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add sweet potato and onion. Cook, stirring often, until potato is tender. Remove from pan; set aside.
- Add sausage to pan and cook thoroughly, stirring and breaking up sausage into small pieces. Remove from pan; drain on paper towels to remove excess grease. Pour out all but 1 Tbsp. drippings from pan. Add eggs to pan and cook, stirring lightly, until cooked but still slightly wet. Remove from heat.
- Warm tortillas in microwave on high for 30 seconds. Lay tortillas in a row on counter. Place a fourth of the eggs in the center of each tortilla. Top eggs with a fourth of the sausage, a fourth of the sweet-potato mixture and 1/4 cup shredded cheese. Fold bottom of each tortilla over top of mixture, tuck in sides, then roll up with seam on bottom.
- If preparing the night before, wrap each burrito with plastic wrap. Refrigerate until ready to eat. Microwave on high for 1 minute before serving.
Advertisement – Continue Reading Below