Elevate your chicken salad and make it into a sandwich
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 4 minutes
Chicken Salad Sandwich
- 1 small fennel bulb - with leaves
- 14 ounces cooked chicken breasts - shredded
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 celery stalks - finely chopped
- 2 scallions - thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion - diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper - diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 slices of bread
- Remove the leaves from the fennel bulb, then chop and reserve 1 teaspoon of the leaves. Slice the bulb in half lengthwise, then carefully cut each half into paper-thin slices and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken, mayonnaise, celery, scallions, fennel leaves, onion, bell pepper lemon juice, and salt. Stir to mix well.
- Toast the bread. Divide the breast mixture evenly among four slices of the toasted bread. Top with the paper-thin fennel slices and the remaining four slices of bread. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally and serve immediately.
CommentsAdd to Favourites