Craving something warm and comforting to get you through these cold winter days? Look no further than this comforting yet super easy to make creamy roasted tomato soup recipe! This healing and healthy soup is creamy, flavorful, and packed with good-for-you tomatoes, onions, and garlic.
Creamy Roasted Tomato Soup
- 2 pounds of tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice the tomatoes in half and place them in a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, and place into preheated oven. Roast for 40-45 minutes until the tomatoes are softened and slightly browned.
- In a medium saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 3-4 minutes until onions are softened.
- Add the roasted tomatoes to the pot and stir to combine. Add the chicken or vegetable broth, oregano, sugar, salt, and pepper. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to low and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and allow the soup to cool slightly. Using an immersion blender, blend the tomatoes until they’re completely puréed.
- Stir in the heavy cream. Simmer for 5-7 minutes until the cream has been incorporated.
- Serve with a dollop of Greek yogurt and crusty bread.
The creamy roasted tomato soup is a perfect meal for any time of the year! The combination of creamy milk and roasted tomatoes work together so well to create a delicious, comforting dish. The roasting adds a nice depth of flavor and helps to bring out the natural sweetness of the tomatoes. The recipe is also incredibly easy to make, so you can enjoy it any time you want a comforting meal. Enjoy!