Want to eat fish a different way? Try this fish loaf recipe
- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 2 cups flaked cooked fish or 1 (16 oz.) can fish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- few grains pepper
Drain flaked fish and sprinkle with lemon juice. Melt butter in medium-size saucepan, gradually stir in the flour, blending well.
Slowly add milk and cook until mixture is smooth and thick. stirring constantly. Add fish and remaining ingredients; mix until well blended. Pour into a greased 9" x 5” x 3” loaf pan. Bake in a moderate oven (350°F.) 45 minutes.
Garnish with lemon slices and serve warm.