A sweet spin on a classic turkey casserole
- Yield: 6
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Hawaiian-style turkey casserole
- 6 oz. noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons green pepper
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey
- 1 can pineapple chunks - drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped pimiento
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup blanched almond halves
Cook noodles according to directions on package. Melt butter in top of double boiler; sauté green pepper until soft, over direct heat. Remove green pepper and stir in flour; slowly add milk, stirring constantly. Cook, stirring constantly over boiling water, until mixture thickens.
Stir in remaining ingredients, including the green pepper and half of the almonds. Place alternate layers of cooked noodles and creamed mixture (beginning with noodles and ending with creamed mixture) in a greased 2 quart casserole.
Brown remaining almonds slightly in oven then sprinkle over top of casserole. Bake in a moderate oven (350°F.) for 20 minutes.