Welcome to this cozy recipe post of a slow-cooked beef and red wine casserole. Whether you’re looking for a comforting meal to enjoy on a cold evening or a hearty dish to serve to family and friends, this casserole is sure to delight. Within just forty-five minutes of preparation time and four hours in a slow cooker, this rich and delicious dish can be yours.
Slow-Cooked Beef and Red Wine Casserole
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 4 large onions sliced
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 650 g stewing beef cubed
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 cup red wine
- 400 g can of chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp green olives
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 roasted sweet potato cubed
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions and garlic, stirring to coat in the oil. Cook for five minutes, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened and golden.
- Add the beef cubes to the skillet and cook for a few more minutes, until lightly browned.
- Transfer the beef and onion mixture to a slow cooker. Add in the oregano, tomato paste, brown sugar, red wine, can of chopped tomatoes, olives, bay leaves and sweet potatoes. Stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for four hours, stirring occasionally.
- When done, serve the deliciously slow-cooked casserole.
This rich and delicious slow-cooked beef and red wine casserole is sure to be the centerpiece of any dinner table. The long, slow cooking ensures that all of the flavors are blended and enhanced, resulting in a truly scrumptious dish. Enjoy!