If you looking for something that is more on the healthy side for breakfast, this is a great option so give it a try.
- 2 sprays of vegetable oil spray
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cups skim milk
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 large apples, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup dried fruit (raisins, apricots, cranberries, strawberries or a combination)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 375. Coat a shallow, wide ovenproof dish with vegetable oil spray.
Beat the eggs and milk in a bowl. Add the brown sugar, applesauce, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and stir until thoroughly mixed. Stir in oats, apples and dried fruit and mix well.
Spoon the mixture into the prepared ovenproof dish add dabs of butter and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes or until hot and bubbling. Serve hot or at room temperature.
1 thought on “Apple Spice Oatmeal”
This is a great recipe! The second time I fixed it I drizzled honey over the top after taking it out of the oven, this makes a nice addition.
Comments are closed.